Northallerton Ramblers

Working for Walkers

The Summer Extravaganza Event 18th July 2017

balloons
Hello 
We need to plan for the number of members wishing to come to the above event at our house in Long Street, Thirsk so that we know the number of people to cater for.
Please can you let me know if you are intending to come to our Summer Extravaganza event by emailing me at geoffrey.fieldhouse@btinternet,com 
I will also require £6.00 to go towards the cost of catering off each person who wishes to attend. Regarding anything else we require help with, ie chairs etc, we will let everyone know closer to the date. Regarding the £6.00, if you could give this to me when you next see me out walking with the group that would be most helpful.
Thank you to those of you who have already informed me that you are coming.
Kind regards, Geoff
 

NORTH YORKSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL SURVEY ( NYCC ) - PRIORITISATION OF FOOTPATHS

Hello
You may have seen the information on our web site about this consultation which ends next Sunday 19th March.
To look at the consultation itself , including a map of prioritised paths go to the NYCC website
John Marshall Footpath Officer Hambleton and myself as Footpath Officer Richmondshire have prepared the response on behalf of the Group. We will send it to NYCC alongside the on line survey response. It is quite a complicated somewhat technical response response which includes advice from Ramblers HQ.
You will see we have significant concerns about the impact of the proposals and would urge you to respond as individuals. You can use material from our response but, in simple terms we think the key points to make in the few parts of the survey where text can be entered are:
- Most countryside paths in Hambleton and Richmondshire have being given the lowest priority jeopardising all walks beyond the few urban areas.
- The same path has been given different priorities with virtually all walks between villages having a large part classified as "low priority".
- Giving a path low priority does not remove NYCC's statutory duty to keep that path useable.
- The system is complex meaning too much time will be spent "prioritising" and too little "doing the work". The addition of a community value factor will add to those complexities.
Please do not hesitate to contact me or John to discuss this or to comment on the Group response.
 
Regards
George Bateman
Sent: 11/03/2017 20:27:57
 

Meeting of all North Yorks/South Durham Ramblers Groups

Two colours logo GIF 200 x 149Geoff Fieldhouse and yours truly represented Northallerton Ramblers at a meeting on 21/2/2017 convened by HQ to explore how the Groups' were managing without an Area Committee and what, if anything, Groups needed by way of support.
The meeting was attended by Kate Ashbrook, a member of the Ramblers Trustees, and the two staff who have been appointed as Area/Group Liaison Officers for England North and South.
(Updated to include link to Christine Hathaway's notes of the meeting.)

Read more ...

Big Pathwatch - 14 November 2016

BigPathwatch300
The Big Pathwatch reveals 59,000 problems on our path network.
14 November 2016
Pathwatch campaign
The Ramblers has today, 14 November 2016, released the results of the Big Pathwatch, the nation’s biggest ever footpath survey.

Read more ...

Improving support for Ramblers groups and areas

Ramblers are asking all group and area volunteers to take part in an important survey. The answers will make a big difference in helping them improve support for our area and group volunteers across England, Scotland and Wales. The survey is open until Friday 31 March 2017.
Northallerton Ramblers Committee is responding to this survey on behalf of the group but if there is anything you would like us to add please let Alan or myself (Ian) know. Click here to see our response. However, the survey is open to all volunteers whether committee members or not, so if you want to fill in the survey please feel free to do so, so long as you ensure you fill it in as an individual.
Click here for more information on the Ramblers website. There are links on this page to a paper version which you can download and to the actual survey itself.
 

Changes to Walks

Click here for Walks Program

 

For details, refer to the Walk Program.

Newsletter from our CEO

Geoff and Alan have recieved a Newsletter from Vanessa Griffiths, our new Chief Exec. She wants us to show this to all members of the Group.  Click here to see the Newsletter.

Friday, March 24, 2017